Friday, August 22, 2008

In Christ Alone

You know what, we definitely live in exciting and challenging times. This song has been playing over and over in my head - its old, but its words still ring true.

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

I found it a very real, very refreshing reminder that it should be in Christ alone that we place our trust, for he is the one that gives us strength and hope. He is the Most High, the one whose words will never return void. He is the one who is completely infallible. Psalms 20:7 says it so clearly -some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

And when this blows over, I have faith enough to say that the bride of Christ will neither be left broken nor bruised by this episode. In fact, she will be even stronger and even closer to Him, because it is from Him, and Him alone that we find our strength and our hope.

No comments: